Monday, 18 November 2013

WINTER - KOREA

Dear all

I have missed all my blog friends immensely.
Seriously, I looked at the date and was wondering what I did from the last blog date onwards. It happened to so many people I know..they just wondered off blog-land. However, I have been encouraging my daughter, Emi, to start a blog. So what better way, then to revive this blog and help her kick start hers.

As you all know, I live here in Malaysia, we only have one season. Or two.
365 days of summer and towards end of the year, like now..it's wet as monsoon kicked in.
Our monsoon is probably winter to the rest of the countries with 4 seasons. I had been busy, but more lazy in blogging.

Next month, I have a trip coming up to Korea where the whole family is going. So, I want to self-kick-start and revive this miserable and lonely blog again on a few posts on Korea. It will be the family's first winter experience. What is normal (winter) to my buddies across the pond, will be something totally new for all of us. Before we could even embark on the trip, we already had to spend tons on all the winter clothing and there's so many things to buy! Bear in mind, we have zero winter clothing and mainly flip flops and all summery stuff  to wear here. So, that's a huge gap in clothing there, plus limited shops selling them here. Naturally, anything connected to winter clothing is super expensive over here.

The children have been super excited to see snow for the first time. I am much less so because I don't really like very cold weather and wonder if I will even survive the trip in the first place. We have 3 nights up the moutains (brrr....I can almost feel the chill in my bones just thinking of it), and another 3 nights at capital city, Seoul. I am definitely very excited to see Seoul city, especially on the food and traditional houses part.

So, in a weeks plus+ , I will be off to Korea and seriously and secretly, I wished my husband had booked for Spring to see all those wonderful cherry blossoms in Korea...but for now, I have to look forward to the cold winter. Wish me luck :)

XOXO ...


2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting around for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello M.Kate, I cannot believe you are going to Korea in the Winter , , yes I would be like you , go in Spring, Good luck and enjoy your trip, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments :)