Tuesday, 15 November 2011

BANGKOK AND FLOOD...

As you all must have read by now, Thailand is having their worst flood in half century.  Almost one third of Thailand is submerged in water and huge losses to both Thai people and factories.  However, I am going to Bangkok this Friday...eeek...not the smartest choice I know. However, we have bought tickets for the family 6 months ago.  I could cancel and pay a heavy penalty, plus re-booking anywhere else within a month means paying double or more.  I have been keeping a close tab on the flood situation and well, central Bangkok is dry and from what I understand the Government will keep it dry at all cost.  Many other parts are dry, Pattaya for example, just less than 150km away from central Bangkok - another option.  After a long pondering and indecisions, booking and cancelling hotels, tours, car rentals,  both in Bangkok and Pattaya (it's a wonder they didn't ban me with so many changes), we have decided we will go to Bangkok after all. So, I keep my fingers and toes crossed and everything will be okay :)  Will visit you all soon when I am back.

Cheers for now...