Tuesday, 4 October 2011

PANGKOR LAUT - PART 2

Hello everyone :) I am posting my second part of Pangkor Laut....and still wishing I was there.
We stayed at this water villa. Perfect in every sense.



With the ocean in front and the mountains and wildlife as backdrop.  In the morning when I woke up, I heard loud noises outside and there they were, our Malaysian Hornbills.


Another peek of the water villas.








In the evening, we took a private boat out to see the sunset. Unfortunately, with gloomy weather, there was no sunset to be seen, which was dissapointing. However, we saw some fishing trawlers around.




Posting a picture of DH for the first time...


We found many such pretty water urns on display throughout our walk.










On the second day, we went to Emerald Bay.  There was a van travelling around the island and you can hop on/off whenever you wanted.  Emerald Bay was listed as one of the top 10 beaches in the world a few years ago and one can clearly understand why. Private island = private beach.  The cool water and waves, completely secluded and accessible only by the island's van and exclusive for those who stayed here.  When we arrived, free mineral water and beach towels were given and the whole day was ours to relax or sunbath...and for us, it was relaxing under the palm trees, no sunbathing, not even dipping into the waters.


Waiting area for the island's van.



Found this flower on the beach, so pretty.








When we came back from Emerald Bay, we walked over to the other side of the island.  Another part which was super exclusive only for those residing in the Spa Village. A whole range of spa experience await anyone willing to dish up top bucks for their world renowned treatment rooms. Also, water villas which are obviously very much more expensive than the ones we stayed.




Lovely daybed...


Reception at the Spa Village.



We love the long koi pond.



Another daybed calling me...




On our third day and going home.  While having breakfast (excellent selection of food by the way!), someone was showing off! Their resident peacock.





It even posed for me :)  Obviously used to crowd, no shyness from this peacock at all, just proudly strutting around.


Finally, sadly too, time to go home....I love this plant. I was so sweet smelling that I reminded myself to get one when I am home.  Oh yes, have mat will travel. That's my yoga mat which I took to Pangkor, they had daily free yoga session but I didn't attend. I did mine on the private verandah facing the ocean. I am sure my friend, Tracy from pranalight would have been proud of me :) Pop over to her blog to read about her amazing Chakra Journey.