Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Mooncake boxes

Hello everyone :)

Mid Autumn came and went and while everyone is eating moon cakes, I was more interested in the boxes!
Every year, I collect one or two boxes, mostly sent off to friends overseas because really, I am not interested in the mooncakes at all. Only in the boxes. This year, I bought 2 and so far, the box expensive ones.  The mooncakes are okay, nothing so crazily nice but then, I am not a huge fan of these cakes.  Have a look at the boxes!

The first one was a wooden box...



which has a metal clasp...


..that opens up to this 4 compartments!  When I saw it, I just have to buy it at whatever cost. I am very sure that cost of the box is many times more than the mooncakes. Inside each little compartment, holds one mooncake and each mooncake was of a different flavour. How can I not buy this?? Too pretty :)



The second one...also red, as always for the Chinese red is associated with happy occassions.  I fell in love with the box the moment I saw and it was a 'got to have it' moment....here, front view.


And at the top view. Also 4 mooncakes inside of different flavours. I gave all the mooncakes away to my mother and friends, only kept one mooncake which was given away free for the children to eat. The box stays with me.


This pink one was from last year.  I keep it store small things.  These boxes makes me happy !


I have been wanting to post picture of my recent trip to Pangkor Laut, not Pangkor Island but Pangkor Laut, a 5 star private island owned by YTL.  Will do that soon when I sort out those hundreds of pictures, here's a peek:  A favourite photo of mine from Pangkor Laut, taken just outside our water villa.


This was the villa we stayed, will blog all about it soon :)



As usual, I have so many people to visit now :)