Friday, 25 June 2010

COLMAR TROPICALE

Firstly, I am still alive! Much thanks to my blog buddies writting to me and wondering if I have been abducted by aliens haha...but you know how it is. Once we (well...at least for me) go on a short break, a day becomes a week and then a month. I practically had to do a self-butt-kick to start blogging again PLUS I have missed everyone! Busy with work, busy with the children's 2 weeks school holidays and busy being busy.

We took a day trip to Colmar...not in France, but here, Colmar Tropicale!  The last time I was there was a long time ago and my son was not born then.  It was a 1.5 hours drive from our home and a short getaway. Here are some of the pictures around Colmar.  Even though it was in the mountains, but the weather was still hot.










Another fav flower of mine, the grape rose :)


Another must visit to the Japanese tea garden. It used to be much, much better but over the years and too many visitors, it was just OK.




The last time I took a picture of the children, the girls were only 1 and 2 years old. Here they are armed with sketch books and every outing was a 'project' for them. So, it's a learning trip as well.


I have been collecting this carnivorous plant - the Nepenthes -- more to come in later post. Put a little water in it and all sort of insects and even snails will crawl in and become their food. Quite a good way to rid mosquitoes!



Bye for now and I will be visiting everyone soon....love ya all ......(that was the Cockatoo talking ok :)