Monday, 23 February 2009

WAT PO, BANGKOK

Back to work and I have tons of work pending for me, so I thought I'd complete my post for this week or else, I'll not have any time to do it the next few days. Bangkok is always my favourite place to be. With our business head office based in Thailand, I travel here yearly for meetings and leisure.

Took this picture from the car. I think it is a figure of Hanuman on top of an office building, very common mythical figure here and you see it everywhere.


Wat Po or Wat Phra Chetuphon. Home to more than 1000 Buddha images and this..


The ceiling was high and ornately decorated in red.


While I loved the bas reliefs in Cambodia's temples, I am also fascinated by all the murals here, each ones depicts a story.


It was a huge temple to house special Buddha and very popular.



Instruction was clear, not to touch the feet.


Afterall, it was made from mother of pearl.


Having a first peek.


The Reclining Buddha was gold plated and the largest single Buddha statue here.


It is 46 metres long and 15 metres high.


I think no matter which way you see it, it's still beautiful.




Hope you like the pictures and have a happy week everyone.