Thursday, 26 June 2008

I don't go to Kuala Lumpur for months and suddenly I find myself going there every week. Last Saturday morning was for a meeting in one of the hotel in KL with someone from India. Business meeting, blah blah..boring.. and after 30 minutes, we shook hands and said goodbye. Then this guest took out something from his bag. A gift! I felt bad for not paying attention, felt guilty for even yawning..and even worst, no gift from me! In Asian culture, that's not very cool, but I think he'll live. When he opened the gift, we spent the next two hours talking about this!



This was no normal pen or keychain from India. It was a miniature replica of a place I want to, no, have to visit. Can you recognise this?


It is the TAJ MAHAL in Agra, India. Regarded as one of the eight wonders of the world.
Pictures courtesy from Taj Mahal - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

Built by the Mughals, the Muslims rulers of India completely in white marble.


Built by Emperor Shah Jahan (died in 1666) for his beloved wife and Queen, Mumtaz Mahal.
Pictures courtesy of Taj Mahal - Emperor Shah Jahan - Great Buildings Online





















It serves as a mausoleum for both the Emperor Shah Jahan, Queen Mumtaz Mahal and his other wives. It took 20 years to complete and more than 20,000 workers, completed in 1648.
Picture courtesy of The Taj Mahal, India



With a height of 30m, it incorporates Islamic, Persian, Hindu and earlier Mughal architecture.
Picture courtesy of Taj Mahal Gallery - Exclusive - Tomb - Art Work - Inside - Black


I think no matter how many different pictures I see, they all look equally beautiful.
Suddenly, a trip to New Delhi sounds quite exciting. Do click at all the links for more information.

Cheers and have a wonderful weeekend ;D