Tuesday, 8 April 2008

FAIZAL OMAR - AWESOME PICTURES !!

Dear blogger friends, I'll have to admit, I am a amateur photographer, taking pictures that I like but still not as good as many others. However, while blogging on my favourite subject, Perhentian, I was lucky to find FAIZAL OMAR. His picture of Tok Bali blew me away with it's beautiful and striking colours and I knew then I had to post his photos here. So, I contacted him and he was kind enough to allow me to use his photos as below. ALL PHOTOS ARE COURTESY OF FAIZAL OMAR, and to Faizal - TERIMA KASIH!! (thank you in Malay) for sharing with the world your awesome shots.

Faizal has a huge collection of beautiful pictures, however, below are my favourite for obvious reasons; Perhentian being my No. 1 island and Besut - that's my husband's kampong/village - our annual breakaway, our place for hibernation, a place to renew family ties, a place where life is easy and good, and a place away from urban life.

Sunday Market @ Kuala Besut - a peek into the real village life


Sunset at Perhentian Island - who wouldn't want to be here?



A fantastic view of Coral Bay Resort, Teluk Aur at Perhentian Island, stunning!


Another beautiful shot of beach and boat


and this photo of TOK BALI, that's where we get our fresh seafood from whenever we are back home, the picture that stopped me at my track and took my breath away!


AND wouldn't you want to see this for yourself?



Go to FaizaL Omar for more outstanding pictures.

I'm starting to receve feedback from many wonderful friends that they have received my postcards, THANK YOU for letting me know as I was worried about snail-mail not reaching them. My beautiful friend, Charmaine of High Desert Diva did a short post on the postcards she received AND she has a giveaway under her post: Paying in forward-blog giveaway, so do visit her and put in a comment so you have a chance to getting her wonderful gift. Another beautiful friend, Nihal of CrossRoads dia a post on Malacca basing on the post cards she received under the post, Sense and do visit her for everything Turkey, I think Nihal did a better post on Malacca than me as she was very thorough.

It's extremely hot during the day here, hovering around 39.5 degrees at late afternoon and heavy showers in the evening. So, the yo-yo weather is really driving many people crazy..but dont let this deter you from coming over here for a slice of paradise!

..so, CHEERS for now and till we blog again, have a blessed week :)