Friday, 7 March 2008

So many things to do and so many things to blog!!

While I am looking forward to my trip to Malacca next week, I went online checking on Siem Reap, Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. As usual, Tripadviser is my favourite place to check out hotels and reviews and chanced up traveller Stephan's photo of Angkor Wat. I requested permission to use his photo and he was really kind to allow me to upload this magnificent picture. Again, I am counting the days to Angkor. Thank you so much Stephan for sharing this beautiful snap.

Ah..Angkor, it means 'city' in Sanskrit. Founded in 802 AD by Khmer Hindu Monarch Jayavarman II declaring himself the "universal monarch" and "god king" and continue his reign until 1431. It's one of the man-made wonders of the world, if you can, will you visit Angkor and see this awesome sight?



OR HERE..the Taj Mahal, India


OR HERE..the Great Wall of China


I know there are many more wonders of the world, but at the moment, I'll keep the abvove as my targets as they are the nearest!
Both pictures from Taj Mahal and Great Wall are from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And while surfing at Tripadviser, I found the Viroth hotel. It's a boutique hotel with only 7 rooms and after reading all the great reviews, I contacted the hotel and got immediate confirmation for USD70.00 a night! I really think this is a splendid bargain. Someone from Tripadviser gave an email contact of a good local guide, so as usual, I contact and got a reply, he'll be our full time guide at USD15.00 per day on a tuk tuk (a 3 wheeler taxi scooter commonly found in Cambodia and Thailand. However, I dont really recommend the tuk tuk in Bangkok, I find them dangereous but at least for once, you have to try it and have the ride of your life!



HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE AND CHEERS TO ALL :)